Friday 4 July 2014

Rogue Trader
Dir: James Dearden
1999
***
For me Rogue Trader was the first film that Ewan McGregor really got to prove his worth and I think he did a great job. I think James Dearden did well on such a small budget too, what ever did happen to him anyway? I used to love watching A Kiss Before Dying when ever it was on TV, it's cheesy as hell but I love it. The only problem I have with Rogue Trader is that Ewan McGregor doesn't look anything like Nick Leeson and Leeson comes over as a little nicer than I really think he was but I'm glad they didn't go down the mushy Hollywood route as they could have done with regards to his illness (although thinking about it I'm not sure if he had been diagnosed just then). A little too sympathetic but an interesting explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment