Wednesday 2 July 2014

The Big Year
Dir: David Frankel
2011
***
This film is nice. Now, there is nothing wrong with the word nice, it may not be the most exciting adjective in the world but there is nothing wrong with what it represents. Okay, I'll try to go one better, this film is pleasant. I'm not trying to be funny, it's just one of those non-offensive and just down-right nice films that is just pleasant to watch. I know people were disappointment considering the 3 main high energy cast members, each with a unique comedy style but what did people really want to see? Did you really want this to be a 'Goofy', 'Slapstick', or even 'Gross-out' comedy. I certainly didn't and I'm relieved it wasn't. I suppose it's like Birding itself, easy to make fun of but it's actually quite a lovely thing to do. There is nothing wrong with appreciating the simple things in life, if you agree, I recommend this film to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment