Friday 22 August 2014

Clash of the Titans
Dir: Louis Leterrier
2010
***
I'm going to have to go against the grain on this one and declare that I actually really enjoyed this version of Clash of the Titans. Okay, so it is CGI heavy and I didn't like the Kraken at all but I thought the rest of the film bought the characters from Greek mythology to life quite admirably. As a kid I was really into Greek mythology so although it was likely I was always going to be pleased, I was also always going to be a harsh critic on this one but Leterrier did a good job I thought. I think the negative backlash it received is a little unfair, as entertaining action films goes I thought it was fantastic! I have to say though, I find it odd that Jason Flemyng has become the go-to man for disfigured monsters, how did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment