Thursday 19 February 2015

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Dir: Dennis Dugan
2007
*
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry manages to be homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobic and insulting towards homeless people, Firemen, Postmen....the list goes on. Quite impressive really when you think about it, this film was in cinemas around the world! Who exactly was the target audience though? To be perfectly honest I don't think anyone got too upset about it because in the end, it is infantile, stupid and not very funny. Intelligent people of all shapes and sizes are better than this and won't let it bother them too much but I still find it sad that films like this are still being made. What I dislike most of all though (and I dislike a lot about this film) is that the filmmakers believe that just because they state 'Hey, being gay is actually okay!' at the end of the film, it makes it all okay, like a get out of jail free card. That doesn't cut it for me I'm afraid, if all you do is constantly insult for 2 long hours, saying 'Only joking' afterwards does not make it acceptable. Also, why is it that Homosexuality and Homosexual story lines in Hollywood always have to mention AIDS, like homosexuality and AIDS go hand in hand. It is just unacceptable in this day and age. This type of film should have been thrown out long ago, along with Homophobia, sexism, racism, xenophobia etc. Heads should hang in shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment