Wednesday 23 December 2015

Defending Santa
Dir: Brian Skiba
2013
**
Hallmark's Defending Santa finds Dean Cain (who seems to be trapped in some sort of bad Christmas movie hell) find Santa and assist him in proving he is who he says he is and doing so before Christmas Eve. For his services, Santa helps him find new love and a new Mother for his daughter, following the death of his wife. Wait. I've written this before haven't I? Yes, I have. That's because this is essentially the same film as 2011's The Case for Christmas. Hallmark have reached a new low. Not only have they run out of classic seasonal films to copy, they've started to remake their own, even the ones that are only two years old. There are some slight changes to the story but essentially it's the same. However, I liked this version a little bit more so. It's certainly a lot less serious and Dean Cain is given a far more likable role. I like Dean Cain a lot (I once met him and had a very interesting conversation with him about mythology). I feel he is worth more than this but without him it would be twice as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment