Tuesday 14 October 2014

Notebook on Cities and Clothes
Dir: Wim Wenders
1989
**
"The documentary is as much a meditation by the director on the meaning of documentaries and information in the age of electronic data and computerised images as it is about the skill, dedication, philosophy and work of the fashion designer" - yeah, I get that but for me Wenders gets caught up in the words rather than in their meanings. I did like the method he used in recording a recording while also filming the city (usually in a car). It was a clever idea and one example why he is a director I admire. Unfortunately, I had and still have, no interest in the work of Yohji Yamamoto or the philosophies of either men. Wenders often gets it right but unfortunately not so here. This is dreadfully boring I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment