Thursday 9 October 2014

The Harry Hill Movie
Dir: Steve Bendelack
2013
***
I've been a fan of Harry Hill's since he was doing stand up comedy in the mid-90s. His mix of surreal and silly really appeals to me and has always made me (and many more) laugh like a Hyena. So a film was always going to appeal, and the good news is that it doesn't disappoint, it's just that Harry's usual 30 minute TV format was just about enough surreal silliness that most could take, a full 80 minutes is a little bit too much to handle. It goes from 100ft tall Nuclear Hamster shooting lazers from it's eyes to a romantic encounter set in a cave dwelling community of shell people in just 10 minutes. Maybe less would have been more but then maybe I would have then complained that there wasn't more, I don't know, all I know is that it was quite hard to keep up with. The supporting cast is great and I really can't think of anything I didn't like apart from the fact it was like being slapped round the face with a Giraffe (on fire).

No comments:

Post a Comment