Friday 10 October 2014

Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1983
Dir: Anand Tucker
2009
****
The conclusion to the Red Riding trilogy goes back to the story first told in the first episode bringing the story back full circle. Familiar faces come back but most of the main players are missing. David Morrissey finally has the air time he deserves and is backed up by Mark Addy and Daniel Mays who are both brilliant in their roles. I have to say it's my least favourite of the three films. I don't know whether I was surprised by the conclusion or not, I think probably not but then most people have been either killed off or had moved on. It was confusing at times and hard to decipher what was flashback and what  happened in 1983. Just like the other installments, it's directed beautifully and is still one of the best things to happen to British TV ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment