Tuesday 2 December 2014

Final Analysis
Dir: Phil Joanou
1992
***
Phil Joanou's 1992 film Final Analysis is one of the cheesiest films I have ever seen. Even by 1992's standards this Camembert was past its best but that funny old thing called nostalgia made me love it more so for that very reason. The first time I watched Final Analysis was over twenty years after it was released, so I review it with plenty of better thrillers in mind and I don't believe it has been an influence on any of them but I find it impossible to hate. The ridiculous psycho-babble is laughable, even the unqualified can see through it and probably could then. The romantic scenes are a joke too, they make Calvin Klein adverts look like masterpieces and soap operas look like documentaries. The ultimate 80's film that wasn't made in the 80's, the more it ages the more I love it but I've rated it as fairly as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment