Tuesday 28 April 2015



Land of the Lost
Dir: Brad Silberling
2009
**
I don't know anything about the original TV series this film is based on, knowing TV adaptations these days it's probably nothing like it but I really have no idea. It does however make me want to visit the old TV series out of curiosity, as I'm guessing it pokes fun at it somewhat and when you get the references it is all the better!? Again, I don't know. I quite liked the sets; the random 50's cars/diners etc in the dessert, the Aztec looking lizard people, the dinosaur etc, visually it was pretty neat. Quite typically though with Will Ferrell films I feel that they would be loads better if they didn't actually have Will Ferrell in them. I believe that if you replaced the three leading actors with just about anyone else it would have improved the film vastly. Just think, if this was a Johnny Depp fronted film for instance, I'm sure it would have done much better. Will Ferrell just isn't funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment