Wednesday 1 April 2015



The A-Team
Dir: Joe Carnahan
2010
*
The long awaited film version of the classic 80's TV show finally came to cinemas in 2010. However, it felt more like a 'piss take' rather than a 'remake' and more unimaginative then 're-imagined'. I would re-boot it in the backside if I could. It is one long headache inducing below average action film that harbours no charm what so ever. I loved the TV series and was apprehensive to say the least, but I was open minded, so I'm not that upset that it bears very little resemblance to the original but that said, it does feel somewhat sacrilegious. Many reboots of old TV shows fail because a lot of the time the show's popularity is down to certain characters played by certain actors. There is usually at least one character that cannot be played by anyone but the original actor, in the case of the A-Team there are four. I really wish I hadn't wasted my time, I feel like my childhood took an unnecessary kick in the personals, this ain't the A-Team I fell in love with as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment