Monday 31 March 2014

The Paperboy
Dir: Lee Daniels
2012
**
What starts out a coming of age, dream-like period piece soon turns out to be a modern day horror. If Lee Daniels wanted an over complicated mix-genre exercise, then bravo that man, he succeeded. What I will say, and you can take it any way you like, it is original. Original is generally a good thing. I don't know if I liked the film, I'm still down the middle with it really but it hasn't really stayed with me. I thought the performances were brilliant and the direction was solid although a little clumsy in places if I'm being fair. It's not that it is bad in anyway, it's just that I didn't always like it. I love to know if it is a good adaption of the book but I probably wont be rushing to my local bookshop to get it any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment