Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Dir: Daniel Alfredson
2009
**
I can't say I'm sorry that this is the last I'll see of The 'Millennium Trilogy'. I found The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest to be both way too long and also quite dull. The first half involves people talking about doing something and the second half involves them doing it. No twists, no intrigue, no mystery and no character development. I just don't get the hype, like I've said in my other reviews, it must be all about the book and not about the films. The acting I think is pretty poor (although Noomi Rapace is good at not smiling) and the direction isn't as good as the first two films. Worst scene; the disappearing/reappearing waitress in the 'Gun fight' scene in the restaurant. The waitress in question seems completely oblivious that a man is machine gunning the restaurant to pieces and calmly walks around with a tray of drinks until she is 'saved' by a main character and only then realises that something is slightly different about her workplace. This is a half decent TV drama at best, even then I'm not sure it would get another series!



No comments:

Post a Comment