Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Dir: Niels Arden Oplev
2009
****
I knew nothing about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or the Millennium trilogy before watching this film, only that three books/film exist and they have become very popular. I can't say I had or have the intention of reading them either as my 'To read' pile of books at home it tall enough as it is and generally when people I know, who I know don't read much, tell me 'You have to read this' I generally don't. However, I watched the film anyway and I thought it was entertaining and intriguing, enough so to want to see the next installment. As a film, I've seen better but then I've seen much worse too - It is a great film but when a story is hyped up so much, it's always going to be a little bit of a let down the longer you leave it. I suppose I was expecting something dramatically different, something new, the take maybe fresh but the idea is as old as the hills. Agatha Christie with a mohawk is still Agatha Christie.

No comments:

Post a Comment