Thursday 28 May 2015

The Bourne Identity
Dir: Doug Liman
2002
***
Robert Ludlum was and is a celebrated author and it was only a matter of time before one of his Bourne books was made into a feature film. I enjoyed reading The Osterman Weekend but not enough to read any of his other novels. The Jason Bourne books did have a huge following though, so expectations were high. Personally I found Doug Liman's 2002 adaptation overrated. It's a decent enough thriller and I thought Matt Damon was pretty good as Bourne but I didn't think it ever got that exciting. There was no suspense or tension that I believe is essential in a good thriller. Entertaining enough but never outstanding, in fact the only thing I found memorable was the lovely Franka Potente, who I'm ever so slightly in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment