Friday 28 February 2014

Good Vibrations
Dir: Lisa Barros D'Sa, Glenn Leyburn
2013
****
When I think of Punk I automatically think of London. If someone were to ask me where else it effected I would probably then say New York, although their scene was very different. Belfast would one of the last places I would think of, despite knowing full well that The Undertones were from there. I guess London (the City in which I reside) is littered somewhat with music shops, venues, studios of historical importance so I have never heard of Good Vibrations, even though it is probably more important than all the London record shops put together (or at least most of them). It's the epitome of what Punk is all about, breaking down barriers and being caught in the middle, so Belfast during the 70s is probably the perfect location in which to show it's power and influence. This is a great alternative music biopic that is historically accurate as well as historically important in modern politics and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment