Wednesday 26 February 2014

Hitch
Dir: Andy Tennant
2005
*
I honestly think Will Smith is a good actor. He has always seemed very natural on screen and in his early days as The Fresh Price of Bel-Air his physical comedy was always strong, often playing on his height and gangling limbs. I think because his character is so suave in the film, I don't think he as an actor can swap from one to the other. I realise readers that this is the point of the film but I'm not sure it suited Will Smith's abilities. I still don't see what Hollywood sees in Kevin Smith either, he brings nothing to the film. Overall I found the film to be badly written and unfunny. I still can't work out why Kevin Bisch, the writer, was named among Fade In Magazine's "100 People in Hollywood You Need to Know" in 2005 as he did nothing before and has done nothing since.

No comments:

Post a Comment