Tuesday 25 February 2014

Wedding Crashers
Dir: David Dobkin
2005
*
This film is the epitome of what I hate about Hollywood. I like Owen Wilson, I like him in everything he's in. I like Vince Vaughn too but after the success of Wedding Crashers it seems that everyone has rested on their laurels. These actors, their peers and successors have adapted this unfounded confidence that has gone a bit too far I feel. None of these people can ad-lib to save their lives and yet, every new film they try, and every time they fail. They've become exaggerations of their own personalities, how long can it last seriously? It's a predictable story, the acting is awful and its just not funny. So many things are at fault in this film, it would take too long to list them all. The actors don't even seem convinced at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment