Thursday 27 February 2014

The Matrix Revolutions
Dir: Andy Wachowski & Lana Wachowski
2003
****

For me, this film failed for two big reasons. Firstly, the sad death of Gloria Foster. Nobody could help that, it's just that when a character changes actor, the overall film looses a certain believably. Again, no ones fault, just a pet hate. Secondly, and more importantly, the realisation of Zion being this tribal paradise, full of good looking people, who look far from being repressed, starved or in any kind of danger...and playing drums. Is this the best Zion you've been going on about for two films? It also got a little silly, hard to follow and a bit boring towards the end. It got to the point where I just didn't really care what happened to any of the characters and felt nothing in the final scene that should have filled me with emotion. Maybe I'm just cold blooded (I am) but maybe the Wachowski's just ran out of steam or buckled under the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment