Wednesday 26 February 2014

I Think We're Alone Now
Dir: Sean Donnelly
2008
**
I think We're Alone Now is an uncomfortable fly-on-the-wall documentary that is hard to watch but impossible to look away from. It's the sensationalist method in which the film is produced that makes and breaks the film. The two people featured are interesting people with very different mental health issues. These mental health issues are touched upon but poorly represented and badly explained. Both Jeff Turner and Kelly McCormick are willing participants but both are taken advantage of in the name of entertainment. 80s pop favorite Tiffany is a good sport but I got the impression she was also taken advantage of somewhat which I'm afraid takes away credibility from the overall package. I'm not sure I'm even comfortable referring to it as a documentary and the issue of stalkers should have been better handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment