Friday 28 February 2014

Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
Dir: Susanna White
2010
**
Nanny Mcphee and the Big Bang (or Nanny Mcphee returns as it was unimaginatively called in the USA) is much like the first film, Mary Poppins with half the charm and none of the animation. A sweet film, the big selling point really is Nanny McPhee's rule; 'When you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me but no longer need me, then I have to go' but like I said, Mary Poppins with half the charm. The fantasy element is actually wasted here, the time and location is unknown but it's basically England during WW2. I'm guessing they never divulge the exact date so no one can't point out the various continuity and historical inaccuracies. It shouldn't really matter in a kids film but somehow here it does. Enough now I think, the novelty is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment