Wednesday 28 January 2015

Christmas with the Kranks
Dir: Joe Roth
2004
*
I liked the premise of this film and I think it had huge potential, albeit as an alternative Christmas film. However, it soon got silly and far-fetched and got everything wrong by tripping over the same old Christmas movie cliches. I expect nothing more from Tim Allen - who actually looks bored throughout, but Jamie Lee Curtis really doesn't do herself any favours with this, the worst performance of her career (we all know she has fantastic boobs but please, do we need to see them again? Is this the only reason she was cast?). It actually took away all the Christmas spirit I had in me and made me want to pull down the tree I'd just put up. It actually highlights all that is wrong with Christmas (and dare I say it, America) and confuses community with conformity. I guess we're all going to hell then. Was this really written by John Grisham?


No comments:

Post a Comment