Friday 23 January 2015

The Yes Men
Dir: Dan OllmanSarah PriceChris Smith
2003
***
I quite like the idea of what the Yes Men did in this film but I'm not sure how successful it really was. I found their spoof political activist stunts to be a little bit too obvious, it is their final stunt that works the best, free of daft visuals and silly props, but everything up to that just seems like filler. They are obviously clever guys, you can almost hear their mother's voices throughout saying 'They could have been anything they wanted'. No doubt they went to good schools and came from good backgrounds but I still like their style, it's all just a little too tragic to be funny. I did chuckle a few times at what they were saying but the complete lack of response from the people they were saying it to only added to the anti-climax. I'm astonished that they came back for a sequel six years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment