Friday 23 January 2015


Highlander
Dir: Russell Mulcahy 
1986
**
I think I was the only kid at school in 1986 who had not seen Highlander and I always felt I was missing out on something. It only took 25 years to catch up with it but I can't help but think that I probably would have enjoyed it more had I have watched it back then. It's a nostalgia thing, like with most 80's films, but if you didn't see it then you probably won't like it now through the eyes of an adult. To be honest it's a rather stupid film with horrible acting, horrible script (not to mention racist and homophobic in places) and above all, it has a stupid story - I liked the idea of immortals that have been alive for centuries but it was never really used to its full potential I feel. I'm gluten for punishment though so I will watch the sequels but I just find it hard to hide my disappointment with this one, I can't understand the love it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment