Tuesday 27 January 2015

Role Models
Dir: David Wain
2008
***
It's an odd premise for a film really, and by odd I mean crap. On paper it is hard to see how this film got green lit and to be honest, 5 minutes in and I thought it was going to be awful. Then it got better and grew on me. I think the films strength is the script, the witty quips and the subtle performances. Rudd does good deadpan - I could relate to his character, particularly at the 'Venti' scene. Seann William Scott is not an actor I particularly enjoy but his timing is pretty good here, especially in the scenes with Jane Lynch who was also on great form. I'm guessing parts of it were ad-libbed, it works here because it's not overly done unlike many of the Judd Aptow films of late which rely too heavily on people who really aren't all that funny. A nice surprise overall, nothing special but it wasn't horrible - inoffensive and easy to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment