Friday 30 May 2014

Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills
Dir: Joe Berlinger, Bruce Sinofsky
1996
*****
Probably one of the most shocking, frightening and astonishing documentaries ever made. Having been on a Jury twice I'm not surprised by certain problems in the judicial system but I just couldn't believe my eyes and ears watching this case. I'm not that naive that I don't believe that Courts, Defence/Prosecutors and the media aren't always on top form but the display of ignorance, stupidity and dishonesty on show here boils the blood as well as chills to the bone. Bruce Sinofsky and Joe Berlinger really hit the jackpot with this one but then can this still be classed a documentary after their involvement with the case? It has to be seen to be believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment