Wednesday 14 May 2014

The Five-Year Engagement
Dir: Nicholas Stoller
2012
****
Having had a rather long engagement myself I can justifiably say that they got it right with this film. There was no awkward and unnecessary gross-out scenes, no silly animal scenes, no unnecessary slap-stick scenes and beat of all, no ad-libbing. Nicholas Stoller is a good writer and the two leads, Jason Segel and Emily Blunt are both perfect in their roles; both believable and both brilliant. I don't get all the hate for this film, people seems to prefer Friends with kids, Grown Ups and What to Expect When You're Expecting to this film which I find astonishing. It's not perfect but it's sweet, believable, original and funny. Myself and my Wife quite stupidly watched every Wedding film going in the run up to our own special day and this is about the only one that offers and good advice and is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment