Thursday 22 May 2014

The Oranges
Dir: Julian Farino
2012
**
In 1998 Julian Farino made a film called The Last Yellow. I loved it and told everyone I knew to go see it. The press hated it however and I've been waiting for him to make another film ever since. Finally, in 2012 he makes The Oranges. This time I dislike it and the press think it's great. What do I know? Honestly though, I'll try to put the fact that I was anticipating this film for 14 years to one side and make a fair judgement. It's got a great cast and I really wanted to like it but after a good start it soon went into corny, cliched and cringe-worthy territory. It pretended to be 'right on', quirky and different but failed miserably. I didn't like it. Everything I didn't want to happen, happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment