Thursday 16 July 2015

Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite
Dir: Jon Burton
2013
**
I only heard of Jon Burton's Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite after I had seen Phil Lord and Christopher Miller's 2014 hit, The LEGO Movie. I loved the inventiveness of The LEGO movie and thought it to be much more than the toy advert that I thought it would be. It was the inclusion of the Superhero's and mixture of other genres the LEGO offer that made it so good because it was just like it was when I played with it in my (and everyone else's) childhood. Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite is obviously concentrated just on the DC super characters but it doesn't have the same charm. The LEGO franchise outside of just the bricks is now huge and comes with a distinct and playful humour, and while that is present here, it's never at full speed. It's sweet and charming but a bit simple. The LEGO movie was for the whole family, this one is pretty much just for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment