Wednesday 22 July 2015



The Losers
Dir: Sylvain White
2010
****
I'm a big fan of Vertigo comics but The Losers is one of theirs that seems to have passed me by. I can see how it probably works as a comic though, the humour and action is there but also the edginess that makes Vertigo so good. The cast are likable and the pace, action etc was always consistently entertaining. I couldn't quite believe that was Jason Patric as the bad guy though, what a great villain he's become! Overall, pretty good and lots of fun A sequel and even a series of films would be very agreeable in my opinion. I would love to see more Vertigo comic adaptations in the future, The Invisibles, DMZ and Transmetropolitan would make awesome films, although a TV series of each might work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment