Wednesday 22 July 2015

Bridesmaids
Dir: Paul Feig
2011
**
For all the hype Bridesmaids received I was really expecting more. It's not a bad film, Kristen Wiig was good, the 'food poisoning' scene was very funny and it was great to see Chris O'Dowd in a big role and he did a great job too. It's just that I hated Rebel Wilson and Melissa McCarthy so much, I found them both painfully unfunny and it really took away a lot of the enjoyment for me. I don't really see this is a 'chick-flick' and I don't share the view that this is 'The first funny all female film' I just see it as a very average comedy that had huge potential but was ruined by some very obvious and unfunny attempts at comedy. This isn't a fat thing or a sexist thing either, quite how Melissa McCarthy was nominated for an Oscar for this performance is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment