Tuesday 31 March 2015

Tangled
Dir: Nathan Greno, Byron Howard
2010
***
It's no secret that I'm a bit anti-Disney but I was pleasantly surprised with Tangled. It was recommended by people who generally don't let me down so I gave it a go. They've bought in fresh blood and have upped the animation, yeah sure they've re-invented a classic once again but this time they've done it without all the usual Disney cliches. Tangled, a retelling of Rapunzel, was actually genuinely funny too, without the samey slapstick and talking animals I had expected. I haven't enjoyed a Disney film since the early 90's and it's nice to see they're changing their direction and are not just relying on the same old formula. Just ease up on the unnecessary sequels though, ya big money making monster you.

No comments:

Post a Comment