Monday 30 March 2015



Zombieland
Dir: Ruben Fleischer
2009
**
I have to say I was a bit disappointed by Ruben Fleischer's Zombieland. Shaun of the Dead is a favourite of mine so I never expected it to surpass it but I had hoped that it would at least compete. There was such huge potential after all and as funny and original as the whole Bill Murry thing was, it just didn't work in my opinion and the film never really knew what it wanted to be. I thought the use of typography was clever but it's not original, the pace was too jerky, the trashing of the shop was stupid and pointless and angered me slightly and the acting/casting could have been better in my opinion. I had no problem with Woody Harrelson but Jesse Eisenberg isn't funny (dare I say it, Michael Cera would have been a better choice), Emma Stone acts like a stone and Abigail Breslin seems to have grown out of her darling stage and them some. By the end of the film I couldn't care less about the characters and it looked less like a comedy/horror or comedy-horror and more like a computer game. Watch Shaun of the Dead and/or play Dead Rising on the PS2/Wii/Xbox instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment