Wednesday 30 April 2014

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Dir: Timur Bekmambetov
2012
***
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is not good enough to be taken seriously and a bit too good to label as a B-movie. It should, in my opinion, be regarded as a really good big budget B-movie. Take it for what it is and what it always set out to do and you cannot fault it. If the idea got you excited then I think you'll probably enjoy it. It's better than Van Helsing anyway. The only thing I didn't like was the inclusion of Lincoln's son dying of a Vampire bite instead of the truth that he actually died of typhoid. It just didn't sit well with me, his other son's aren't in the film, why include the first one that died? Bad taste aside, I liked it for all its B-movie goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment