Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Dir: Michael Apted
2010
***
Once again, this is a pretty good adaptation of a very tricky book to make into a film. I remember this being one of my favourites of the 7 books and I'm glad they did a lot of the The Dawn Treader scenes properly. The special effects are by far the best reason to watch, the not too much but not to little approach really pays off. My only grievance is Will Poulter. I remember when he first turned up on British TV and I thought he was funny and impressive for a young lad his age. I now just find him annoying beyond belief. Anyway, the ending was handled really well and I'm actually a little sad that it looks like this is the end. The other books where never a favourite as a child but it would be nice to see someone have a go at them. A financial risk too far no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment