Wednesday 30 April 2014

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Dir: Tommy Wirkola
2013
***
It seems I'm in the minority yet again, as I found Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters to be a pretty good film. I thought it had a Sam Raimi/Buffy feel to it, am I alone? I thought Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton were great in the title roles, Famke Janssen was a great baddie and Peter Stormare was a nice addition but would have liked to have seen more from him. The Witches were awesome. Scary, classic but with a modern and fresh twist. I really don't understand the hate for this film, it was never going to be a bloody Oscar winning masterpiece? It ticks all the boxes it promised, it's gory, a bit scary and it kicks bottom in all the right places. I thought it was great fun! Personally I'd love to see more, especially with the team of four left in the end. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment