Friday 26 June 2015


F/X2: The Deadly Art of Illusion
Dir: Richard Franklin
1991
****
Robert Mandel's 1986 F/X is an underrated 80's thriller in my opinion. It's sequel, F/X2: The Deadly Art of Illusion is an underrated masterpiece. Masterpiece might be an exaggeration but I do love it. Richard Franklin, Ozploitation genius, was the perfect choice to take over from Robert Mandel and I think his direction is better suited to the story. The overall feel of the feel is much darker this time round which makes it a far more stylish thriller. I also think the special effects are more effective, maybe not as good technically but I know a few people who have got into special effect because of this film and not the original. They've added to what made the original work and have improved it immensely, the only thing missing is Brian Dennehy's mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment