Tuesday 23 June 2015

Paranormal Activity
Dir: Oren Peli
2009
**
Paranormal Activity was one of the most talked about films of 2009 but after all the hype I have to say I'm quite disappointed. It's a good idea, it's just that it has already been done and it's been done better. It's not a bad film, it's just because of the hype I was expecting something amazing. Many respectable film magazines gave it 5 stars. They aren't always reliable to be fair but 5 stars is a huge over-rate. I watched it on my own and went off to sleep afterwards and slept like a baby which is the sign of a below-par horror film as I'm actually a bit of a wimp. The ending was also a huge disappointment and a real cop-out if you ask me. It's like a campfire story come to life but without the all important intriguing story. It doesn't come close to Japanese horror, The Ring/The Eye/The Grudge, all are far better and original. I guessed at the time there would be many sequels, its got franchise written all over it, as many sub-standard horrors do these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment