Tuesday 23 June 2015



Paul
Dir: Greg Mottola
2011
***
The best thing about Paul, and indeed Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The Worlds End is watching two best buddies having fun together. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost make a lovable pair and make this sci-fi comedy instantly watchable. I'm a bit of a geek too, so I loved the various nods to sci-fi films, comics etc. It's not as good as I think it could be but pretty decent for what it is, it probably would have been better with Edgar Wright behind the camera but this isn't the third installment of the 'Blood & ice-cream' trilogy, it very much it's own thing, it isn't as funny of as clever. I'm glad Seth Rogan did the voice of Paul as it really works. It reminded me of an interview he once did, where he said that as soon as he watched Shaun of the Dead he immediately thought 'F**k those guys' (Pegg, Frost, Wright) for having such a brilliant idea before he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment