Tuesday 23 June 2015

Sarah PalinYou Betcha!
Dir: Nick Broomfield
2011
***
Nick Broomfield has made some awesome documentaries about many a colourful character and he's never afraid to highlight people's faults, often in the most humorous way possible. He also gets involved in his documentaries and isn't one to hide behind the camera. I can't say I learnt any more than I had already read about Sarah Palin but I did appreciate Nick Broomfield's less silly approach that he has been guilty of in the past and what I had expected from the poster. Sarah Palin is not the sort of person who should hold the power she does, this much is clear, Broomfield doesn't have to work particularly hard in showing this, so it does exactly what it says it does but is hardly cutting edge investigative journalism but more entertaining voyeurism.

No comments:

Post a Comment