Tuesday 23 June 2015

Tank Girl
Dir: Rachel Talalay
1995
**
I'm still not so sure how the film adaptation of the popular Tank Girl comics could go so wrong? The comic is fantastic, a favourite of mine growing up in the late 80's early 90's. Rachel Talalay, the producers etc don't seem to have understood any of the characters and have cast it accordingly, that is apart from Lori Petty who I think did understand the character and was let down by everything else. Apart from Petty, I can't think of any redeeming feature in this film, the little snippets of the comics that I did see were fleeting but at the end of the day they only highlight how badly the film has adapted, due to the rest being awful. I don't think it was a budget issue either, they could have made something great with the money they did have.

No comments:

Post a Comment