Tuesday 23 June 2015

Tightrope
Dir: Clint Eastwood
1984
**
I found Clint Eastwood's 1984 serial killer thriller Tightrope to be a bit grim to be honest. Serial killer movies probably should be grim but I'm not sure Tightrope lived up to the original idea, and many of the decisions seem misguided to me, made even more obvious by the same old cliches. I'm surprised it was made in 1984, I would have dated it earlier but then it adds fuel to my suspicion that it is a film inspired by the likes of William Friedkin and Paul Schrader but not coming close to either of the pair's greatness. Why Clint Eastwood wanted his own daughter cast in a film like this is beyond me, I guess no other parent would have lent him their Child due to the film's disturbing content. A real side-step for Eastwood and a lesson on how not to make a thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment