Tuesday 23 June 2015



Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Dir: Brian Taylor, Mark Neveldine
2012
**
Mark Steven Johnson was an odd choice of director for the first Ghost Rider, I suppose Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor were more obvious choices but they've not come a long way since Crank, they now seem to be the go to guys for 'in your face effects at the expensive of any real substance'. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is a better film than the first due to its better looking special effects and darker character. The skull looks much better. However, the story is a 50/50 balance of ridiculous and dull. Dare I say it, the first film actually had more going for it story-wise, is this really the same David S. Goyer? The only bits of this film I really enjoyed were the comedy moments but then I'm not sure they were intentional. The ending got so stupid and confusing that I just didn't care anymore and I wanted it to end. Not the way to make a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment